pinterest

National Novel Writing Month

So thanks to A Purse Full of Cheerios, I found out that this is National Novel Writing Month.  I'm a little bit late to this party, but I figured I'd post about it anyway.  This wonderful site is a cool opportunity young writers to transform themselves into novelists!!


What's even better is that they have educator resources for the entire class to participate in the process.  The goal is to encourage kids writing larger bodies of work and really build their writing stamina.  Sounds like something teachers do at school...(cough, writers workshop, cough).  I'd be interested to see how this works out for an entire class or maybe that student who loves writing and wants to be challenged.

Anyway, if you would like the chance to write your own novel in the month of November, don't worry, there's a site for your inner novelist.


http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Happy writing!

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog -- thought you might be interested in mine. I did NaNoWriMo with my 8th graders last fall for the first time -- we loved it! I blogged about it here: http://teacherwrite.wordpress.com/.
    And I made a website for teachers interested in trying it with their students:
    http://nanoteacher.weebly.com/.
    Did you try NaNoWriMo with students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Alas, I have not had the opportunity to participate in NaNoWriMo because I currently teach academic support. However, I have it in the back of my mind for the future. Thank you for sharing your blog...I'll be sure to check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete